DO I NEED EXPERIENCE OR SOME MINIMUM LEVEL OF FITNESS?
- No! Just get started. Our workouts and exercises scale to any level – from broomsticks to barbells, we’ll tailor the workout to your ability.
IS IT WORTH IT?
- We definitely would say it is worth it, but we are a little biased. The only person who can truly tell you if it is worth it, is you. The only way you can objectively know is to show up and participate in a workout.
WHO HAS BENEFITED FROM CROSSFIT?
- Many professional and elite athletes are participating in the CrossFit program. Prize fighters, cyclists, surfers, skiers, tennis players, triathletes and others competing at the highest levels are using the CrossFit approach to advance their core strength and conditioning, but that’s not all. CrossFit has tested its methods on the sedentary, overweight, pathological, and elderly and found that these special populations met the same success as our stable of athletes. If our program works for Olympic Skiers and overweight, sedentary homemakers then it will work for you.
DO I NEED TO BE IN SHAPE BEFORE I SHOW UP?
- Absolutely not! We have students who are in the 99th percentile of fitness and those in the 5th percentile of fitness. You are pushed and encouraged based on your current level of fitness. All we want is for you to give your best effort during each workout.
WHAT TYPE OF RESULTS CAN I EXPECT?
- Although you will probably start feeling better and stronger immediately, new students can expect about a 15-20% improvement in strength and endurance following the first fifteen sessions. In addition, our findings show that flexibility, agility and body composition are improved. Subjective things like increased mental toughness, energy levels, improved sleep and reduced joint stiffness are also reported. Most of our students are shocked at their improvements even though they would consider themselves exercisers before starting CrossFit.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR THIS?
- It is a common sentiment to feel that, due to the obligations of career and family, you don’t have the time to become as fit as you might like. Here’s the good news: world class, age-group strength and conditioning is obtainable through an hour a day six days per week of training. It turns out that the intensity of training that optimizes physical conditioning is not sustainable past forty-five minutes to an hour. Athletes that train for hours a day are developing skill or training for sports that include adaptations inconsistent with elite strength and conditioning. Past one hour, more is not better!
WHAT TYPE OF EXERCISES DO YOU DO?
- The clean and jerk, snatch, squat, deadlift, push-press, bench-press, as well as bodyweight movements such as push-ups, sit ups, squats, and pull-ups. No exercise machines here!
Why choose Peak Strength and Fitness?
- There are over 160 Crossfit Gyms in and around the Atlanta area, and every single one is different. What sets us apart from other gyms? Here are 10 reasons…
1 – Our Intake System
- Each potential client will be individually evaluated in a 60-90 minute FREE assessment. This helps you get to know us and us get to know you. We will look at your movement patterns, strengths, weaknesses and listen to your goals. Before entering classes, it is imperative that all clients and coaches feel comfortable and confident with the movements we do here at Peak Strength and Fitness.
2 – The School Of Fitness
- After your assessment, you will enter into our School Of Fitness which will prepare you for the rigors of our group classes. This School is a series of private sessions with one of our coaches during which you will learn proper technique, movement patterns, intensity, scaling, how to care for your body and how to eat properly! Our mission in the SOF is to ensure your safety and long term success in our group classes while educating you the correct way to perform complex and technical movements.
3 – Our Coach for Life Program
- After completing the School of Fitness, you won't be left to fend for yourself and find your way. You're Coach for Life will be with you and guide you through your entire journey here at CFG. They will know the ins and outs of your fitness journey and goals and are here to make sure that you make incremental and significant steps towards reaching your goals and that your program evolves as your needs change. Our Coach for Life Program will be the key to your long term success!
4 – Our Coaching Staff
- We maintain our standard of excellence with coaches who have had hundreds of hours of training just to be able to teach one class. Our coaches are the pulse of our gym and the success of the gym is centered around their development.
5 – Location
- We are conveniently located right off of 985 at the Friendship Road exit (exit 8). Just one exit north of the Mall of Georgia!
6 – We Care
- Plain and simple, we don't allow our clients to do things they shouldn't be doing. We train and educate our athletes and we refuse to let them risk injury because they saw something on YouTube "that looks intense". That's not us and it never will be. If you want to get "Turnt Up" and go "Beastmode" every day, try another gym. Please.
7 – Schedule
- We offer one of the most comprehensive class schedules and Open Gym Schedules around! Regardless of your goals and schedules, we have something that will work for you!
8 – Specialty Classes
- Regardless of your goals, we are here to help you and will assist you in finding the best track for you! Whether that is our group classes, weightlifting classes or personal training, we have you covered!
9 – History
- We have been around since 2005 and things have never been better for our community! Many gyms have come and gone in our tenure and we are blessed and honored that our family continues to grow and that our members continue to improve!
10 – Positive Atmosphere
- We are here to make you better. We don't allow toxicity and and a bad attitude to enter and remain in our gym. While you are here you will be treated with respect, encouragement and joy by our staff and by the other athletes. YOUR success is how we measure OUR success.